Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The wise man built his house upon the rock

23/9/11 Daniel 11-12; Luke 6

S: Luke 6:46-47 “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it.48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”

O: It's a familiar children's Sunday school song:

However, how often do we consider what Jesus was actually saying? To build our house on the rock means to hear Jesus' teaching and follow!

A: We must study the Word of God and follow it if we want to build our house on the rock and remain standing when the floods come.

P: Father, keep me steadfast in Christ! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment