Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Merciful God

20/9/11 Daniel 5-6; Psalm 130; Luke 3

S: Psalm 130:3-4 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.

O: Many people say that the Old Testament God was full of judgement and harshness while the New Testament God is full of mercy and forgiveness. This is actually not true. Here we have yet another Old Testament passage showing God is merciful and forgiving.

A: Indeed, if God judged us by all our sins, none of us would survive as we are all sinners! Thank God for His mercy and forgiveness!

In response, let us love Him back and strive to follow His ways.

P: Father, thank You that you are indeed a merciful God. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment