Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Promised Messiah

28/9/11 Zechariah 1-3; Luke 11

S: Zechariah 3:8-9 “Listen to me, O Jeshua the high priest, and all you other priests. You are symbols of things to come. Soon I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. Now look at the jewel I have set before Jeshua, a single stone with seven facets.t I will engrave an inscription on it, says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, and I will remove the sins of this land in a single day.

O: Indeed, God would send the Branch of Jesse, the Messiah, and He would indeed have the name Yeshua — Jesus. And He would indeed remove the sins of this land in a single day — indeed, not just the sins of the land of Israel, but of the whole world.

This is one of the many times that Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the World, was predicted in the Old Testament.

A: Jesus is the way of salvation. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. (John 14:6) It is therefore important for us as the hands and feet of Christ on earth to share the love of Christ with our friends and family.

I find it easy to talk about Jesus but I find it very hard to ask people to take that step to put their faith in Him. As a result, I have only done that very few times in my life. One of my greatest joys is when one of my old friends finds me online and contacts me saying that some time later, they became followers of Jesus, partly as a result of my influence.

P: Father, help me to be bolder to take the Gospel to my friends and family. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment