Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Trust God Anyway (again)

9/9/11 Lamentations 1-2; Obadiah; Revelation 14

I didn't find anything to SOAP about in today's reading so I'm doing it on a passage from tomorrow's.

S: Lamentations 3:18-33 18 I cry out, “My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!” The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. And it is good for people to submit at an early age to the yoke of his discipline: Let them sit alone in silence beneath the Lord’s demands. Let them lie face down in the dust, for there may be hope at last. Let them turn the other cheek to those who strike them and accept the insults of their enemies. For no one is abandoned by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion because of the greatness of his unfailing love. For he does not enjoy hurting people or causing them sorrow.

O: Jeremiah had just been lamenting the fall of Jerusalem and all the horrors thereof. But at the end of the story, He still trusted God. This echoes what we learned back with Habakkuk earlier.

A: Even when things look bleak, we must still remember that God loves us and He's still in control. We might not understand why he allowed the current bad things to happen, but we can still trust Him.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail.
By the living word of God i shall prevail.
I`m standing on the promises of God.

P: Father, teach me to trust and obey. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment