Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Repent before it's too late!

7/9/11 2 Kings 25; 2 Chronicles 36; Jeremiah 40-41; Revelation 12

S: 2 Chronicles 36:15-17 The Lord, the God of their ancestors, repeatedly sent his prophets to warn them, for he had compassion on his people and his Temple. But the people mocked these messengers of God and despised their words. They scoffed at the prophets until the Lord’s anger could no longer be restrained and nothing could be done. So the Lord brought the king of Babylon against them. The Babylonians killed Judah’s young men, even chasing after them into the Temple. They had no pity on the people, killing both young men and young women, the old and the infirm. God handed all of them over to Nebuchadnezzar.

O: God gave the His Chosen People a lot of opportunity to repent, sending warning after warning, but they continually refused to repent. So finally God had to bring judgement.

A: Time and time again I give in to temptation. I must take heed of the warning and repent. Fortunately, I've been keeping short accounts with God -- when I sin, I quickly repent and get back up.

P: Father, thank You for your grace and your patience with us. Let us not presume on that grace and patience but always repent quickly! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment