Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Pay attention!

26/9/11 Ezra 2-3; Luke 8

S: Luke 8:18 “So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them.”

O: Jesus had just told the Parable of the Sower and the Parable of the Lamp before he said this.

A: How many times has my mind wandered off when I am listening to a sermon or the Bible? I need to pay attention! Then only will I get the benefit of God's Word.

P: Father, help me to be attentive to Your Word, and to apply it to my life. In Jesus' name, amen.


Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment