Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fear not

14/8/11 Jeremiah 16-17; Psalm 96; John 16

S: John 16: 2,3,33 For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God. This is because they have never known the Father or me. ... I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

O: The saints of God throughout the ages have faced opposition. However, since God is for us, all the opposition is ultimately futile. (Romans 8:31) Even if they kill us, they will not prevail. (Matthew 10:28)

A: So we do not need to fear (Isaiah 41:10) even as we face our "momentary light affliction" (2 Corinthians 4:17-18).

P: Father, help us to keep the eternal perspective when faced with opposition to Your Gospel. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment