Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

God's place in our hearts

24/8/11 Jeremiah 33-34; Psalm 74; 1 John 5

S: 1 John 5:11-13, 18, 21 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life. I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. ... We know that God’s children do not make a practice of sinning, for God’s Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them. ... Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.

O: What a wonderful gift God has given us! His Son gives us life, eternal life!

A: In response, we must not make a practice of sinning. Jesus already holds us securely, and the devil can no longer touch us. So we no longer have to sin! So let us keep away from anything that might take God's place in our hearts!

If, however, you give in to temptation and sin, remember God has a way of forgiveness for us, as noted in the reading from Saturday.

P: Father, thank You for your wonderful gift of eternal life! I love you and I want to live for you! In Jesus' name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment