Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Repeat lesson

19/8/11 Jeremiah 45-47; Psalm 105; John 21

S: John 21:18-22 (Jesus said to Peter) “I tell you the truth, when you were young, you were able to do as you liked; you dressed yourself and went wherever you wanted to go. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and others will dress you and take you where you don’t want to go.” Jesus said this to let him know by what kind of death he would glorify God. Then Jesus told him, “Follow me.”Peter turned around and saw behind them the disciple Jesus loved—the one who had leaned over to Jesus during supper and asked, “Lord, who will betray you?” Peter asked Jesus, “What about him, Lord?” Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.” So the rumour spread among the community of believers that this disciple wouldn’t die. But that isn’t what Jesus said at all. He only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

O: Just yesterday, we learned the lesson that God chooses some people to be martyrs and some to live till natural death at an old age. Nonetheless, both types of believers are loved by God and will live with Him in eternity.

A: It appears that we're getting the same lesson again as yesterday. Many times God repeats lessons to us because we don't internalise things the first time we learn it, and sometimes we need refresher courses.

P: Father, help us to internalise the things You teach us so that we become more and more conformed to the image of Christ. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment