Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Really forgiving

Scripture

And perhaps YHWH will see that I am being wronged and will bless me because of these curses today.

  • 2 Samuel 16:12


Wait

David didn’t allow Abishai to kill Shimei for cursing him, trusting instead for God to vindicate him. David is in the current predicament because of his own mistake for not judging Amnon’s rape of Tamar, which then embittered Absalom to him, so now he is fleeing Absalom’s coup. God indeed does deliver David and restore his throne in the end. David’s mercy is sort of partial as although when he returns as king to Jerusalem and Shimei meets him and asks for forgiveness, he spared his life (1 Samuel 19:18-23), he did tell Solomon to make sure to find some way to kill him (1 Kings 2:8-9) and so he did (2 Kings 2:36-46).


Request

Father, help me to forgive like You forgive, and not continue holding a grudge and looking for ways to do in people who hurt me.


Dedicate

May I continue to become more and more like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment