Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, March 15, 2021

Opportunities and Accolades

Scripture

Peter saw the opportunity and addressed the crowd. “People of Israel,” he said, “what is so surprising about this? And why stare at us as though we had made this man walk by our own power or godliness?”

  • Acts 3:12

Wait

Taking the opportunity to share the Gospel. Healing by God’s power, not their own.


Observe

Peter took the opportunity to share the Gospel when it was presented to him. At the same time, he didn’t take credit for the miracle, crediting God for it. Too many times I let opportunities slip by. And we all have a tendency to take credit when God does something great through us. Many times, people have been used by God to do great things, and it goes to their head. 


Request

Father, help me to be alert to opportunities to share the Gospel, but also to not allow any accolades I get for things you do through me to get to my head, like leading worship, etc.


Dedicate

As John the Baptist said, You must increase, and I must decrease.


No comments:

Post a Comment