Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Consider the Cost

Scripture

If you want to be my disciple, you must, by comparison, hate everyone else – your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters – yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple. And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple.


But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it? Otherwise, you might complete only the foundation before running out of money, and then everyone would laugh at you.


  • Luke 14:26-29


Wait

Consider the cost of building a tower.


Observe

Grace is free, but it is not cheap. Jesus paid a high price for our salvation, and as a result of our salvation, we should be disciples and not just believers. This means that there is a cost – to obey is better than sacrifice, faith without works is dead.


If not, then we’ll find ourselves headed down the wrong path anyway – “There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.” "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.”


So we need to give our all to Jesus. No compromise, when it comes to following God.


Request

Father, this is a tall order. I do not have the wherewithal to do this. However, I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. So give me your strength, especially when the flesh is weak.


Dedicate

I present myself as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is my reasonable act of worship.



No comments:

Post a Comment