Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, March 28, 2021

God overlooks our honest mistakes

Scripture

Solomon loved Yahweh, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places.

  • 1 Kings 3:3


Wait

God is merciful.


Observe

God saw Solomon’s heart, so although he worshiped at the high places, God still honoured what Solomon understood of following Yahweh and blessed him for asking for wisdom instead of wealth and power, and gave him wisdom, and wealth and power.


We all have an incomplete understanding of God and His principles, so we may have all sorts of side issues we’re wrong about. Sometimes we argue with other Christians about these differences -- pre-trib, post-trib, post-millennial, amillennial, baptising babies vs adults, the bread and wine being purely symbolic or being sacraments, etc. 


But in the end, God knows our hearts and will honour faith where He sees it.


Request

Father, thank You for Your great mercy, and that You overlook our faults. Thank You that You saved us. May I become more and more like Your Son. In Jesus’ name, amen.


Dedicate

I commit to following God as best as I know how, and to be open to His correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment