Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Trust God with Everything!

8/10/11 Ezra 9-10; Psalm 131; Luke 21

S: Luke 21:1-4 While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”

O: God doesn't look at the amount we give, but at our heart -- the woman showed her trust in God by giving all that she has.

A: This is another of those things in the Bible that is easy to understand but hard to do! Giving is not a matter of seeing if you paid your 10%. We are not called to tithe as New Testament believers, but rather to give sacrificially!

That said, I personally know that I am not a generous person by nature, so I deliberately set aside a certain amount every month for giving. This helps me psychologically, because if I do not do that, my stingy nature would mean that I would tend not to give. My wife, on the other hand, is generous in nature, and she doesn't need my coping mechanism.

Let's take whatever steps are necessary to be cheerful sacrificial givers!

P: Father, thank You that you have blessed us with every spiritual blessing. Help us to give sacrificially without being legalistic about 10%, and be able to be generous. In Jesus' name, amen.


Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment