Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Be my vindicator, Lord

23/10/11 Job 13-14; Acts 17-18

S: Job 13:15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.

O: Job is saying this to his friends who had accused him. They said that the reason he was in trouble now was because he must have sinned against God in some way. Job maintains his innocence. On the one hand, he is still trusting in God. On the other hand, he's wanting to justify himself before his friends' accusations, which he feels are unjustified. This is Job's opinion, not Gospel truth.

A: I don't know if this is really a justification to be defensive, as much as it is pointing out that to be defensive, especially when you feel unjustly accused, is normal. I certainly struggle with this myself. I can also identify with trusting God even though it costs my life, though. (Ok, at least, in theory, since I'm still alive :-)

P: Father, teach me to trust in You completely and to rely on you to be my vindicator even though I naturally want to defend myself.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment