Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

God's plans will not be thwarted, but we can choose to be part of His plans

5/10/11 Esther 3-8

S: Esther 4:13-15 Mordecai sent this reply to Esther: “Don’t think for a moment that because you’re in the palace you will escape when all other Jews are killed. If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?” Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai:16 “Go and gather together all the Jews of Susa and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will do the same. And then, though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die.”

O: Even if we don't do what we know we should do, God's plans will not be thwarted. God gives us free will, but God is also sovereign.

A: If we do follow God, we can be assured that He is with us -- even if we walk through the shadow of death, we do not need to fear any evil, for He is with us -- His rod and His staff will comfort us. He prepares a table before us in the presence of our Enemy, the devil. Ultimately, our cup of blessing overflows and we will live with God forever. (Psalm 23)

P: Father, when push comes to shove, may I steadfastly obey You. In Jesus' name, amen.


Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment