Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, October 28, 2011

"Respectable" people?

28/10/11 Job 19; Mark 1-2

S: Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”

O: The religious leaders of Jesus' time and other "respectable" people looked askance at his hanging out with disreputable people. However, Jesus pointed out that these people are indeed those who need Him most.

A: We who are serious about following Christ's teachings are often "respectable" people, and even more so we middle-classed Malaysian Christians. However, Jesus calls us to be doctors to sin-sick, disreputable people as well. And even decent people who are "lower classed", which we can tend to look down upon even though they might not be disreputable.

Father, help me to look at all people the way You do, and to treat all with respect. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment