Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Always watered

14/10/11 Nehemiah 11-12; Psalm 1; Acts 3

S: Psalm 1:1-3 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do

O: In an arid land, trees not having a steady water source will easily wither during the dry season from lack of water. Not so a tree planted by the riverbank -- for the roots will always be fed by the water from the river seeping through the ground nearby.

A: In the same manner, if we live by the Word of God, our spirits will be fed by the Living Water, and even when trials and tribulations come, we'll stand firm and steadfast.

P: Father, into Your hands I commit my spirit. Keep me in Your Word. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment