Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, June 5, 2020

Saviour born in poverty

Leviticus 12
If she cannot afford a lamb, then she shall take two turtledoves, or two young pigeons; the one for a burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make atonement for her, and she shall be clean.
Leviticus 12:8

This is what Joseph and Mary offered after Jesus's birth, which means that they were too poor to offer a lamb.

Jesus is God, yet he chose to come as a poor man.

No elegant robes
No glorious throne
No armies at His side
Could this be the One?
A carpenter's son?
A man condemned to die?
But a lion roared
Deep inside thie Lamb
Inside this Man

Lion of Judah
Lamb of God
Glorious Conqueror
Suffering Son
Lion of Judah
With nails in His hands
The Mighty Redeemer
Was meek as a lamb


No comments:

Post a Comment