Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Study on 2 Timothy 4

1-8 “Be prepared!” is the Boy Scouts’ motto, and that should be our motto as well regarding preaching the Gospel. We need to be self-controlled, even when people don’t want to hear the true Gospel. This doesn’t mean we should not be tactful -- for preaching the Gospel in such a manner as to put people off will not help people to come to Christ. May I be able to say, like Paul, at the end of my life “I’ve fought the good fight; I’ve finished the race; I’ve kept the faith.”

9-22 Paul ends with some personal notes and greetings. Even heroes of the faith are real people, with real feelings, shortcomings, and relationships. God uses ordinary people, and we can all be like these heroes of the faith if we let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment