Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, October 6, 2017

Study on James 1

2‭-‬4,12  I generally am able to believe that the testing of our faith produces endurance, but still have trouble considering it joy!

5‭-‬8 I often have trouble asking without doubting, so this could be discouraging. But I am encouraged by Jesus's response to the man who said "Lord, I believe. Help me in my unbelief!"
9‭-‬10 Total role reversal here.

13‭-‬15 God tests us but never tempts us. It says happy are we when tested, not when tempted. The devil tempts us, and our own flesh tempts us.
Sin leads to death! Let me remember this when I'm tempted!

19‭-‬21 This is something I have to remind myself of regularly.

It's so easy to feel good about my own "righteous indignation". But human anger does not accomplish God's righteousness!!!

We are to be salt and light in the world and influence it for good, to correct injustice where we can, to persuade people to God's way, etc. but not to indulge in self-righteous anger!
So hard to do especially when we are railing against injustice. Yet that's what God calls us to do!

‬22‭-‬27 This passage is especially important for me, I think.

I am good at studying the Bible, the historical background, apologetics, etc. But I have to live the message and not merely listen to it. The message must motivate me to godly action.

No comments:

Post a Comment