Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, October 9, 2017

Study on James 4

1-3 Jesus told us to pray in His name, but James points out that we ask and don’t receive because we ask wrongly -- to spend it on our passions.

4-10 I may have chosen to be God’s friend, rather than the world’s friend, but actually it’s not a one-time decision -- daily, I’m confronted with the decision whether to be God’s friend or the world’s friend in different situations. It’s so easy for me to be proud instead of humble.

11-12 God is judge. Yet I keep trying to be judge.

13-17 Part of humility is realizing that whatever we plan is submitted to God’s sovereignty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment