Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, May 4, 2020

"Secular" calling

Exodus 31
“Behold, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all kinds of workmanship, to devise skillful works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, and in cutting of stones for setting, and in carving of wood, to work in all kinds of workmanship. Behold, I myself have appointed with him Oholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and in the heart of all who are wise-hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded you:
Exodus 31:2‭-‬6
Bezalel and Oholiab were not known for their ability to preach or lead worship. They were known for their ability to do crafts.

And yet, here they are, commended by God, and God filled them with His Spirit, and in wisdom, understanding and knowledge.

Our "normal jobs" can be means of God's workmanship and blessing. We don't all have to be preachers or worship leaders or write Christian books to have God's anointing and Spirit.

God calls different people to different things. Whatever we do,we should do to the glory of God.

Father, thank You for giving us different skills to do different things. May we do it all to Your glory, even if our skill is "secular". In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment