Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Deadly honey

Proverbs 5
For the lips of an adulteress drip honey. Her mouth is smoother than oil,  but in the end she is as bitter as wormwood, and as sharp as a two-edged sword.  Her feet go down to death. Her steps lead straight to Sheol.   She gives no thought to the way of life. Her ways are crooked, and she doesn’t know it.
Proverbs 5:3‭-‬6

Temptation always seems like it drips honey, so attractive, but the end of it if you give in is death. For the wages of sin is death.

Father, remind me of this end when I'm tempted, so that I don't reach for that deadly honey! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment