Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Justified by faith, evidenced by works

Romans 3
Why not (as we are slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say), “Let us do evil, that good may come?” Those who say so are justly condemned.

Romans 3:8

When I was a new believer, I wondered this exact thing, and an older Christian showed me this verse.

We maintain therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Romans 3:28

We are justified by faith,it is not of works, so nobody can boast.

However, other  parts of scripture make it clear that if we claim to have faith but continue without repentance, that is evidence that we have not come to Christ in the first  place.

No comments:

Post a Comment