Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saints in a Fallen World

6/10/12

S: Philippians 2:14-15 Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticise you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.

O: God has called us to be saints in a fallen world. It is not surprising that bad things happen around us, because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

However, God did not leave us in this horrible hopelessness, but has called us out of darkness into His marvellous light.

A: I personally find it very easy to get caught up in all the complaining about the boss, the government, etc. It's not that we shouldn't work to improve things, but complaining and arguing in a destructive manner doesn't help things.

Constructive criticism, working out solutions, etc. those are definitely things we as followers of Jesus should be involved in, but all too often, I find myself joining in with others to just complain, complain, complain, and sometimes even initiate the complaining myself!

P: Father, help me to live in such a way as to be salt and light to the world, to be part of the solution rather than to be part of the problem. May we keep a good and Godly attitude. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment