Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Not yet perfect, but working on it

29/9/12

S: Philippians 3:12-14 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

O: We are caught in between the now and the not yet. Jesus calls us to perfection, but we are not there yet.

A: Instead of giving this up as an impossible goal, we should be motivated to continue improving. One of the wonderful things that Christ has won for us on the cross is forgiveness of sins. Hence, we can repent and get back up when we fall, and resume the journey to the image of Christ that God is calling us to.

It's so easy to become complacent in our walk with Christ. I struggle with this myself. But let us be encouraged and daily take up our cross and follow Jesus.

P: Father, sometimes I get discouraged by my sinful tendencies. Thank you for reminding me that even when I'm not faithful, You are faithful, and will carry us on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. In Jesus' name, amen.


Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment