Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Living in the real world

13/10/12

S: Philippians 4:1-3 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stay true to the Lord. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work. Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. And I ask you, my true partner, to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life.

O: Even in the first-century church we find sincere believers facing disagreements and personality conflicts. So it should not be surprising that we see that today.

We're living in the real world, and when we are in close contact with other people, differences of opinion will arise.

A: When we find ourselves in conflict, we should seek to reconcile and forgive, just as Christ has taught us to. Don't let our anger drag on. (See Ephesians 4:26)

P: Father, when we are upset with others, help us to forgive and reconcile. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment