Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Study on Mark 16

My Life Net Group has been doing a study of Mark over WhatsApp, so I've not been doing my SOAP studies, so I thought I'd share what we've discussed so far instead.
Christ is risen! He’s risen, indeed! In most modern Bibles, it points out that Mark abruptly ends at 16:8, and two alternate endings, one shorter, and one longer, are tacked on to the end.

This is in fact the longest variant reading in the New Testament. But even this doesn’t change the Gospel at all.

Many anti-Christians like to point out that there are variant readings in the Bible, and pretend that this means that the Bible is unreliable.

And yet, even in this biggest of all variant readings, it doesn’t change the Gospel. Most of the variant readings are just a word here or there, a copying error, etc.

And we haven’t tried to burn and destroy all variant readings, like some other religions. Instead, we have preserved them so one can compare and contrast, and realize that in the end, the Gospel stays the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment