Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

When you're weary

23/3/13

S: Isaiah 40:28-31 Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

O: Have you had an exhausting day? Week? Month? Year? We sometimes go through seasons where it's one thing after another. Does it mean that we're not trusting in the Lord when we experience this?

It's clear from scripture that even those walking with Christ go through times of tiredness. So what do these verses mean?

A: I don't think these verses mean that when you trust in God, you'll never feel weary. But it does mean that we can retreat and seek rest in the Lord in the midst of wearying circumstances.

Jesus Himself felt weary many times during His ministry and had to take time out away from ministry to pray and commune with God.

The old Simon & Garfunkle song, "Bridge over troubled waters" isn't a Christian song, but think about it as if Jesus is singing it to us:

When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes I will dry them all

I'm on your side when times get rough and friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down

When you're down and out, when you're on the street,
When evening falls so hard, I will comfort you

I'll take your part when darkness comes and pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down

Sail on Silver Girl, sail on by
Your time has come to shine All your dreams are on their way

See how they shine if you need a friend, I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water I will ease your mind


P: Father, teach us to come to You for renewal. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment