Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

For richer and for poorer

16/3/13

S: Exodus 23:3 And do not slant your testimony in favor of a person just because that person is poor.
Exodus 23:6 In a lawsuit, you must not deny justice to the poor.

O: Some people have a tendency to take pity on a poor person and favour them in a legal case, assuming that the rich "have it coming to them" and finding the richer plaintiff at fault even when he is totally innocent. I have read of several such cases, usually in USA, where the jury gives big awards to a poorer person suing a rich corporation unjustly.

Other people honour the rich and powerful too much, victimizing the poor. We see this in many countries, including our own, where the rich and powerful sometimes literally get away with murder.

A: Neither is right. God's standard is justice for all, regardless of the standing of the person.

P: Father, teach us to judge fairly according to Your standards and not be swayed by either emotion or greed. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment