Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Are we worthy of imitation?

23/2/11

S: 1 Corinthians 4:16-17 Therefore, I beg you, be imitators of me, just as I am of Christ. For this reason, I have sent you Timothy, who is my dearest son, and who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my ways, which are in Christ Jesus, just as I teach everywhere, in every church

O: The Corinthians were real believers, but they were messed up in so many ways, as we saw elsewhere in this epistle. I'm not sure if Paul was perfect yet at this point in time, but he was certainly a lot further along in spiritual maturity than they were.

As a result, he could tell them to imitate him, just as he imitated Christ.

A: It has been said, "The sincerest form of flattery is imitation." Are we living our lives in such a way as to be worthy of imitation?


P: Father, I still have many things in my life I need to grow in. Keep bringing me closer and closer to Christ's image. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment