Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Holy Spirit guides us

23/12/2011 John 15-18

S: John 16:12-15 “There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.’”

O: Jesus spent 3 years teaching His disciples, but there was more yet to learn, and the Holy Spirit would reveal it to them.

After the death, resurrection, and ascension, the Holy Spirit inspired the disciples of Christ to write the letters and books that now make up the New Testament.

Even today, He guides us believers as we walk in the Spirit. Sometimes God gives special revelation in the form of a Word of Knowledge or Prophecy. More commonly, it is in more subtle ways as the Spirit brings to mind passages from scripture that we have read.

Our Roman Catholic and Orthodox brothers and sisters in Christ also believe that the Holy Spirit prevents ecumenical councils of the church from deciding in error. Our Roman Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ, in addition, believe that when the Pope teaches "Ex Cathedra", the Holy Spirit also preserves him from error.

A: We need to abide in Christ (John 15:4) and follow the Holy Spirit. God has provided us with the Bible -- His Written Word -- so we need to study it and transform our minds to the way of Christ (Romans 12:1-2).

P: Father, thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to guide us. May we abide in You and avail ourselves to that guidance. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment