Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, December 26, 2011

How to know God's will for your life

26/12/11 Psalm 117; Psalm 119:81-176; 2 John; 3 John

S: Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.


O: In many of my previous entries in this journal, for example Having Peace and The Holy Spirit Guides Us, I have pointed out that much of the time, guidance from God is not so mystical as many Christians make it out to be, but rather, a matter of study and meditation of the already revealed Word of God.

This passage puts it explicitly. God's Word is a lamp to guide our feet and a light to our path.

A: It is so very important to fill our minds with what God has already openly revealed to us. That is how our minds can be transformed and brought in line with the good that God wants for us. (Romans 12:1-2)

P: Father, so often we become lazy and neglect reading and meditating upon Your Word. We so much need to do so! Please help us. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment