Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Good Works in Response to Grace

16/12/2011 1 Peter 1-5

S: 1 Peter 1:9-11 But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. “Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy.” Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls.

O: We are already a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. This is why we are to do good -- not to earn our salvation, but out of response to God's love for us.

A: It is by grace that we have been saved, through faith, and not of works, so no one can boast. However, it makes sense that we who have been thus saved and chosen should desire to do good works.

P: Father, thank You so much for Your grace and the sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus! I want to live for You and by Your teachings. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment