Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, November 21, 2011

For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain

21/11/11 Matthew 8-10

S: Matthew 10:28-31 “Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.”

O: Because we live in this world, we tend to think like the people in this world. We get worried about many things, and we get afraid of death.

However, Jesus points out to us that they can kill our body, but only God has power over our eternal soul. So, even at a purely rational level, it makes sense to follow God in the face of physical danger.

A: I have said for a long time now, dying for Christ is no problem... it's living for Christ that is harder. Of course, now that I'm a married man with dependants, there is that consideration. But ultimately, "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)


P: Father, remind me of this truth, especially when I struggle with temptation. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment