Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

23/4/12

S: Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

O: Jesus was on the cross out of obedience to God, and was very much in the midst of God's plan. This was God's plan to save the world!

Yet, when the sins of the world were placed on His head, and He died for our sins, He felt completely forsaken by God.

Many people tell you that if you are directly in the midst of God's plan, you would "have peace". Yet, Jesus definitely did not feel "peace". He felt abandoned. He was in great distress. But He was still right in the path of God's plan. He knew He had to do what He had to do, and that God had endorsed it, but He did not feel "peace" at that moment of doing it.

A: We must know what God's Word says. Jesus knew He was in God's plan though He did not feel any "peace" because He knew what God had told Him to do. We must trust God even when we don't "feel peace".

P: Father, guide me in Your paths. I have hidden Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. May I be obedient to Your Word regardless of how I feel. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment