Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Standing around praising God

30/12/11 Revelations 15-18

S: Revelation 15:2-4 I saw before me what seemed to be a glass sea mixed with fire. And on it stood all the people who had been victorious over the beast and his statue and the number representing his name. They were all holding harps that God had given them. And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: “Great and marvellous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations. Who will not fear you, Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed.”


O: A Muslim friend who was trying to convert me once challenged me, "Your Christian heaven is so boring! All you do is stand around praising God, whereas in our heaven, we get to eat all the nice food we want, drink all the wine we like, sleep with all the houris we like."

Meaning no disrespect to my Muslim friends, but honestly, some of the best time I have ever experienced is indeed "standing around praising God". There is nothing like the experience of being in the awesome manifest presence of God! I cannot describe it. I never experienced it before I was filled with the Holy Spirit. It doesn't happen every time I go to church, but it has happened to me many times.

Some other non-Christian friends have said to me, "Your god is so conceited. Always wanting people to praise him."

It is so hard to explain to someone who has never experienced it. It's not so much that He needs my praise, but that I need to praise Him! One analogy I can think of is "Have you ever been in love?" How can you explain how wonderful it is to be in love? Our relationship with God is like that. It's like being in love with God!

A: Let's keep coming together to worship Him! Experience His wonderful presence, then be His hands and feet to show His love to the world!

P: Father, I thank You for Your love for me! I want to keep abiding in You and living in Your love and being a channel of Your love to the world. In Jesus' name, amen!
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment