Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Be ready out of season

27/10/11 Job 18; Psalm 114; Acts 27-28

S: Acts 28:17-23 Three days after Paul’s arrival, he called together the local Jewish leaders. He said to them, “Brothers, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Roman government, even though I had done nothing against our people or the customs of our ancestors. The Romans tried me and wanted to release me, because they found no cause for the death sentence. But when the Jewish leaders protested the decision, I felt it necessary to appeal to Caesar, even though I had no desire to press charges against my own people. I asked you to come here today so we could get acquainted and so I could explain to you that I am bound with this chain because I believe that the hope of Israel—the Messiah—has already come.” They replied, “We have had no letters from Judea or reports against you from anyone who has come here. But we want to hear what you believe, for the only thing we know about this movement is that it is denounced everywhere.” So a time was set, and on that day a large number of people came to Paul’s lodging. He explained and testified about the Kingdom of God and tried to persuade them about Jesus from the Scriptures. Using the law of Moses and the books of the prophets, he spoke to them from morning until evening. Some were persuaded by the things he said, but others did not believe.

O: Paul had just survived a harrowing voyage and shipwreck (see this map) and now finally arrived safely in Rome.

Even though he was under arrest and the meeting with the Jewish leaders of Rome was to state his legal case and defence, Paul still took the opportunity to share the Gospel, so some were saved as a result.

A: We need to be ready "in season and out of season" to share the Gospel. (2 Timothy 4:2) I must admit I'm not always ready. Yesterday, I too my children to Cyberjaya Lake Park and a friend had brought her daughter and also brought her friend from China there. To my surprise, my friend told me to share the Gospel with her friend from China! So I had to very quickly gear up from "daddy bringing kids to the park" mode to "share the Gospel" mode! The friend from China was very open and I managed to go through a basic Gospel presentation as well as my personal testimony before it started raining and the children came into the gazebo. (The young lady from China rode home with my friend so hopefully she could finish the job and lead her to Christ.)

P: Father, thank You for the opportunity yesterday to share the hope which is in me. (1 Peter 3 :15) May I be always alert to Your divine appointments. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment