Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Holiness ≠ No sin

20/8/11 Jeremiah 48-49; Psalm 67; 1 John 1

S: 1 John 1:5-10 This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practising the truth. But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.

O: Jesus told us that we have to be perfect, even as our Father in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)

But all of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and even after we become Christians, we still sin (Romans 7:13-25)

A: In these 6 verses, John shows the balance. We must not persist in our sins, but when we do give in to temptation and sin, we must quickly confess our sins and get back on a right track with God. We must not wallow in our sins.

P: Father, I confess my sins to you. Thank you for your grace to forgive me of my sins. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment