Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Friday, July 31, 2020

The Mystery Revealed

When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. This mystery is that the Gentiles are members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
Ephesians 3:4-6

We are so used to the idea that God has opened His doors to the Gentiles that we have forgotten how odd it was to the Jews of Jesus’ day.

Paul calls it a “mystery”! An ancient mystery at that!

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

I’m going through quite a tough time right now, and this benediction is a good reminder for me. Not only is Jesus able to take me through, He is able to do “far more abundantly than all we ask or think” — and it's through “the power at work within us”!

No comments:

Post a Comment