Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, July 6, 2020

Messing up

But when Peter came to Antioch, I resisted him to his face, because he stood condemned. For before some people came from James, he ate with the Gentiles. But when they came, he drew back and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. And the rest of the Jews joined him in his hypocrisy; so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy. But when I saw that they didn’t walk uprightly according to the truth of the Good News, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live as the Gentiles do, and not as the Jews do, why do you compel the Gentiles to live as the Jews do?
Galatians 2:11‭-‬14

Two lessons from this:
  1. Even good leaders can mess up, so we must be careful not to put people on a pedestal, and evaluate everything in the light of scripture.
  2. When we mess up ourselves, we need to have the humility to accept correction. (Remember the lesson from Saturday's LNG?)

Father, when I'm wrong, may I be open to receive correction, and also be discerning what others say. I'm Jesus' name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment