Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Don't hide!

1/9/14

S: Psalm 32

O: When we do wrong, it's a very natural human reaction to hide our sin. However, as David said in verse 3-5, "When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone."

Sin also hinders our prayers. As Psalm 66:18-19 points out, "If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer."

A: I fail God time and time again. I must not hide from God like Adam and Eve after they ate the forbidden fruit, but instead run to Him, for as 1 John 1:9 points out, "if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness."

P: Father, I confess my sins to You. Thank You that You are so forgiving, and that You have provided Jesus as our Saviour. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment