Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Accepting correction

13/9/14

S: Proverbs 13 1 A wise child accepts a parent’s discipline; a mocker refuses to listen to correction.
13 People who despise advice are asking for trouble; those who respect a command will succeed.
18 If you ignore criticism, you will end in poverty and disgrace; if you accept correction, you will be honored.
24 Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.

O: We have often quoted verse 24, but as we can see from verses 1, 3 and 18, this principle actually applies to everyone.

A: Even as an adult, I make mistakes all the time and should be open to correction.

As a parent, I do need to pay heed to verse 24, but I also have to temper it with Ephesians 6:4 and Colossians 3:21 and not exasperate my children.

P: Father, I continue to sin and make mistakes. Please keep me humble and help me to have the right attitude when criticized. Please help me have the right balance with correcting my children. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment