Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mourning into dancing

24/5/14


Flickr/Lara Cores, Creative Commons License
S: Psalm 30:5, 11-12
5For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favour lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

11You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
12that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!

O: God is just, but God is also loving. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather wants people to turn to His ways and live.

A: When we suffer, either as a consequence of our own wrongdoing or because of other reasons, we can turn to Him.

P: I sing praises to You and will not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever! In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment