Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Jesus understands our suffering

17/5/12

S: Psalm 22

O: Jesus quoted the first sentence in this psalm on the cross, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Large parts of this psalm applied to Jesus in His suffering leading up to His death, e.g. verses 6-8, 13-18, and 31 ― even to the details of gambling over his clothes (verse 18) and piercing his hands and feet (verse 16).

A: When we are going through a tough time, we often feel like God is far away, that God doesn’t understand.

However, He assures us, “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are―yet he did not sin. He is with us always, even to the end of the ageFor the LORD listens to the needy and doesn’t despise those in bondage.He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

P: Father, when we are suffering, when we are in the depths of despair, remind us that You understand and are with us and will never forsake us. In Jesus’ name, amen.


Imagine God singing this song to you.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment