Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Gospel according to Spiderman

29/6/13

S: Deuteronomy 27:18-19 ‘Cursed is anyone who leads a blind person astray on the road.’ And all the people will reply, ‘Amen.’ ‘Cursed is anyone who denies justice to foreigners, orphans, or widows.’ And all the people will reply, ‘Amen.’

With great power comes great responsibility -- Spiderman O: Spiderman has popularised this saying: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is actually a very biblical concept. Throughout the Bible, we are told not to take advantage of those who are less powerful than ourselves. The Deuteronomy passage above cites the blind, foreigners, orphans, and widows — people who are typically powerless in ancient society.

Each of us have a certain amount of power. Even if you're still a kid in school, there are more powerful kids and less powerful kids. This power might be in the form of popularity, being in the "in" clique, being stronger or bigger.

A: As followers of Jesus, we must not misuse our power. We must use whatever power we have to show Jesus' love.

P: Father, when I am tempted to take advantage of other people, please help me to instead show Jesus' love. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment