Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

There's still time to stop doing evil and turn back to God

1/1/13

S: Isaiah 1:15-20 "So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide My eyes from you;
Yes, even though you multiply prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are covered with blood.
Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
Cease to do evil,
Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Reprove the ruthless,
Defend the orphan,
Plead for the widow.
Come now, and let us reason together,"
Says the Lord,
"Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.
If you consent and obey,
You will eat the best of the land;
But if you refuse and rebel,
You will be devoured by the sword."
Truly, the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

O: Here we are at the start of a new year. Many evil things happened in 2012, and we personally may have done some of them (though perhaps not as great as the things we've seen on the news.)

However, God continues to call the us back to Him. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8) God is the God of second chances.

A: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) So how will we escape punishment if we reject the important message, the message that God saved us? (Hebrews 2:3) Take this new year opportunity to turn to God now!

P: Father, thank You for Your great salvation. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment