Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Righteous indignation?

23/9/12

S: Psalm 119:125-128 Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand your laws. LORD, it is time for you to act, for these evil people have violated your instructions. Truly, I love your commands more than gold, even the finest gold. Each of your commandments is right. That is why I hate every false way.

O: The Psalmist was filled with righteous indignation at the evil people he saw, just like we Malaysian Christians often are seeing what the UMNO-led government is doing. We Malaysian Christians have risen up to join our Muslim fellow citizens in denouncing the evil perpetrated by UMNO ever since the British left. We have denounced the corruption, the anti-democratic actions, etc. and large numbers of us have participated in the pro-democracy BERSIH rallies.

However, see what it says in verses 127-128. Do we truly love God's commands more than gold? Do we truly hate every false way and follow God's righteous commandments? Have we ourselves given bribes? Do we pirate movies and software? Do we truly love others as ourselves?

A: Even while we follow God's injunction to defend the defenceless and to stand up against injustice, we must also constantly remember that God first calls His own people to follow Him.

P: Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment