Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Forgiveness is available

6/3/12

S: Psalm 31:1-5 Blessed are they whose iniquities have been forgiven and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord has not imputed sin, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. Because I was silent, my bones grew old, while still I cried out all day long. For, day and night, your hand was heavy upon me. I have been converted in my anguish, while still the thorn is piercing. I have acknowledged my offense to you, and I have not concealed my injustice. I said, "I will confess against myself, my injustice to the Lord," and you forgave the impiety of my sin.

Romans 3:23-26 For all have sinned and all are in need of the glory of God. We have been justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God has offered as a propitiation, through faith in his blood, to reveal his justice for the remission of the former offenses, and by the forbearance of God, to reveal his justice in this time, so that he himself might be both the Just One and the Justifier of anyone who is of the faith of Jesus Christ.

O: Both the Old Testament passage and the New Testament passage show that God forgives, but we must come to Him in repentance. We all sin, but God is waiting like the father in the parable of the Prodigal Son, ready to forgive, if we would but confess our sins and repent.

A: When we sin, it is tempting to wallow in our sin. But the correct thing to do is to immediately come back to God in repentance. Christ has already died for our sins, our part is only to repent and return.
I'm forgiven
Now I have a reason for living
Jesus keeps giving and giving
Giving till my heart overflows!


P: Thank You for your wonderful grace and forgiveness! In Jesus' name, amen!
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment